I have a love for dancing, especially with my past background of “guild-level” dance performance. My dance teacher, Gladys Joseph, came from Hollywood and was an excellent teacher! I performed with some of the KC Chiefs cheerleaders and others…it was lots of fun.
Here are some dance pics I recently came across ~ some vintage dance pics that I want to share with all vintage and/or dance fans out there. Check these out, they are great!!……..
Photos from “Modern Dance” by Aileen Lockhart & Esther Pease, 1973
- Dancer headed for international tour (boysballet.wordpress.com)
- A week in the life of a dancer – a real dancer! (mountainsofhappiness.wordpress.com)
- My Struggle with Dance (thejackieblog.com)
- Disco Thunder Drives Dancers as Naharin Pumps Up Theater – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Orchesis Dancer Find Time For Passion (mallorystgeorge.wordpress.com)
- Cobblestone Dancers Return to Blossom South (blossomsouth.com)
- Dancing at Vintage prom turned toward ‘classy’ (napavalleyregister.com)
Piano commissioned by Theodore Roosevelt in 1903 for the East Room of the White House. It was made by Steinway & Sons of NYC, and decorated with patriotic motifs and the seals of the first 13 states. The painting America Receiving the Nine Muses by Thomas Wilmer Dewing (1851-1938) is inside the lid. The piano is in the collection of the National Museum of American History, but is displayed with the art of the Gilded Age in the Smithsonian American Art Museum.
This piano is gorgeous! N’est-ce pas?