White House Steinway
Piano commissioned by Theodore Roosevelt in 1903 for the East Room of the White House. It was made by Steinway & Sons of NYC, and decorated with patriotic motifs and the seals of the first 13 states. The painting America Receiving the Nine Muses by Thomas Wilmer Dewing (1851-1938) is inside the lid. The piano is in the collection of the National Museum of American History, but is displayed with the art of the Gilded Age in the Smithsonian American Art Museum.
This piano is gorgeous! N’est-ce pas?